Monday, August 07, 2006

Back in the Saddle Again

. : Sports : .

It looks like Rangers are once again trying to play themselves out of a championship. The AL West is still up for grabs and they just can't seem to take the leap and claim it. Pitching as usual has been spotty, but so have the bats.

The first NFL game kicked into gear and brought about football excitement for the first time in a while. I am ready to see the Cowboys light up some people. The big story around here has been Oklahoma dumping its quarterback because he got caught taking money on the side. He is getting railed for getting caught... that's about it.

I am not sure who to pull for in the college ranks. It seems like there is a void at the top that unfortunately strength of schedule will decide. I am certainly hearing it from the Notre Dame media blitz, but I will believe it when I see it. Their schedule is brutal and they just haven't shown me much in many many years. Let me know who you want me to root for, although make sure that they have a tangible mascot.

Tiger has pulled out of what I thought was a really bad hole. I thought this would be an off year and had written him off until next season, but he keeps on proving me wrong on that one and keeping up his high standards.

No comments: