Texas U.S. Congress District 3
- Sam Johnson - The 77 year old Republican incumbent of 20 years.
- Wayne Avellanet - A 46 year old Republican businessman opposed to the war in Iraq
- Harry Pierce - A 71 year old retired Republican pilot.
- Tom Daley - A 44 year old Retired Democrat businessman who wants to go back to the economic times of Bill Clinton
- Ronald E Minkow - A retired teacher and defense contractor running for the Democrats who wants the people to have their say.
- Christopher Claytor - A 38 year old tech guy from the military whose Libertarian party wants the government out of our business.
If you can't find someone in that list you like, good luck...
For the presidential race, there are still 10 Republicans on the ballot, even though it is all sown up. The Democrats have 6 on their ballot.
There is a Senate seat up for grabs...
- John Cornyn - the Republican Senate Incumbent
- Larry Kilgore - a Republican candidate who wants Texas to become its own country.
- Gene Kelly - and 82 year old retired Air Force Democrat
- Rhett Smith - seems be a 58 year old Democrat who is very anti Bush/Cheney
- Ray McMurrey - is a Democrat school teacher who wants to give power back to the people
- Rick Noriega - A Democrat congressman from Houston who has served in Afghanistan and other areas of the military.
There are also resolutions on the ballot:
- There is a resolution to say that we should enforce immigration laws.
- A resolution for requiring photo ID when voting.
- A resolution to limit state government spending increases to be indexed with inflation.
Note, I could only find these resolutions on the Republican ballot.
Hopefully there is something in that list that you care about that will motivate you to show up and participate!