- Mark somehow teeing off with a 5-iron and hitting it 300 yards. Then his dad out-driving him...
- Actually using my drives in the round. That is definitely a first.
- Russell driving the ball through a parking lot and inadvertently cutting the dogleg left.
- Me hitting a 3-wood recovery shot that barely skimmed a dune and somehow landed in perfect position.
- Tom being the solid player that saved us several times.
- Russell sticking his approach shot on 18 less than 2 feet from the pin. Thus clinching our solid 68.
- The chocolate milkshake at Country Burger after being in 102 degree heat for 7 hours.
Monday, July 14, 2008
Church Golf Scramble
Saturday a group of maybe 50 or so guys played in a scramble (best ball) at Sherrill Park Course 2. I had a blast. Playing with people who are fun to be around in general makes the day much more relaxing and enjoyable. This is my 3rd outing with this group and I can't wait for the next. Some highlights from our team: